Page in progress… please feel free to leave resource information in the comments.
Alzheimer’s and Other Dementias
- https://supportsierranevada.org/aop Dignity Health/Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Alzheimer’s Outreach Project (Nevada County)
Asperger’s Information and Support
Caregiver Support and Respite
- www.deloro.org A private non-profit agency dedicated to serving families and individuals who provide care for brain-impaired adults and frail elderly.
- http://www.aa.org/ Alzheimer’s Association
- www.freed.org FREED Center for Independent Living
Death & Dying
- http://www.fullcirclelivingdyingcollective.com/ Home Funeral, Green Burial in Nevada County, death midwifery training, Zen & the Art of Dying film screening, end-of-life caregiving resources.
- End of Life Options – Compassion & Choices Death with dignity options.
Disability Advocacy & Legal Resources
- lsnc.net/contact-lsnc-offices/ Legal Services of Northern California
Domestic Violence Info & Hotlines
- www.women-of-worth.org/ (Nevada County)
- peaceforfamilies.org/domestic_violence_rape_services.html (Placer County)
- www.weaveinc.org/ (Sacramento County)
Grief & Loss
- www.hospiceofthefoothills.org for Local Nevada County Support Groups
National Alliance on Mental Illness
- www.nami.org National organization providing essential & free education, advocacy & support group programs for the mentally ill, their families, friends & communities.
Nevada County Behavioral Health
Placer County Senior Resource Guide
Substance Abuse Treatment / Smoking Cessation / Anger Management in Grass Valley/Nevada City area