What an Awesome way to start the new year! I am filled with immense gratitude for the nomination by Heidi at bravingmentalillness! Be sure to check out her Awesome Blog where you’ll find an epic journey of healing, courage, and inspiration.
Much gratitude to all of you who visit my blog! Each sign of your presence is hugely encouraging and inspires me to continue my blogging journey.
The Awesome Blogger Award:
“This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.” Created by Miss Maggie @ Dreaming of Guatemala
The rules are:
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated
I chose the following blogs to Nominate for the Awesome Blogger Award because each represents something I’ve discovered as a new blogger: poetry, poetry with fantastic photography, short stories, art, travel, true stories of healing/recovery written by amazing people living with life’s challenges, and writers helping writers. The Awesome Bloggers I am nominating for the Awesome Blogger Award are (there are many more I love to visit but I am running out of time to finish this post!):
- Ancient Skies Always fantastic “poetry, fiction, nature, culture, compassion, love!”
- Andrea Stephenson at Harvesting Hecate poetry, musings, and photography
- Debby Gies at dgkayewriter.com/ A prolific writer and skilled memoirist encouraging new writers like me.
- Caz at Invisibly Me Living life with chronic illness is not easy. Caz demonstrates how to do it with grace and provides support to others along the way.
- Christy B at When Women Inspire Christy! What an amazingly inspirational woman and blogger she is! Check out her curated posts for an adventure in exploring many amazing blogs by Women Who Inspire.
- Anne R Allen Writing about Writing, Mostly One of the first blogs I discovered when I started exploring resources for writers. Amazing support for writers and her book, co-authored with Catherine Ryan Hyde, How to be a Writer in the E-Age – A Self-Help Guide gave me oodles of information and encouragement to “just write!”
I realize that not everyone on my nomination list will participate in this fun but I do want to call attention to their blogs for their beautiful content and their consistent support of my new blogging adventure! Take a few minutes, if you don’t already know these awesome people, and check out their spaces in the blog-o-sphere!
Questions for my nominees should they chose to play:
- If you could choose an animal to be for a day what would you be?
- What’s your favorite day of the year?
- How much time per day or week do you spend blogging?
- Anything you dislike about blogging?
- Where are you planning to vacation this year?
- How many books do you take on vacation?
- What is your number one advice for new bloggers?
- What was the last museum or major attraction you visited?
- What advice would you give a 13-year-old who wants a Lamborghini?
- What do you see out your kitchen, living room, bathroom, or bedroom window?
Answers to Heidi’s questions to me:
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? So Delicious’s Oregon Mixed Berry – gone are the days of dairy, Rocky Road, and Mint-n-chip. But that’s okay, with each loss (dairy & chocolate) comes something else yummy I didn’t know existed – luv coconut & berries!! 😉
How has your blogging changed your life? Blogging has opened doors to meeting amazing and inspiring people, reading stories and poetry, seeing photos and learning about places I’ve never been. Blogging has given me a place to voice a few thoughts about life that I wouldn’t otherwise share.
In a few words, what would you say to someone who is struggling with thoughts of suicide? I’d like to hear about it.
Has it been difficult for you to share your story or challenges to the world? Heck yeah!
Do you have any regrets? Of course several, but here’s just one: I sold my ’67 Camaro RS for all the wrong-man reasons.
What is your favorite song and why? Near impossible to answer but maybe “Cat’s in the Cradle” Harry Chapin – Brings tears every time.
If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go? Ireland and Scotland – home of a few ancestors.
What is your favorite color? Deep Purple or dusty sage or sunset red or lavender or wait, I can’t choose just one!
What is your definition of beauty? Love – a 74-year-old woman and 76-year-old man, married since 1963 holding hands.
What is the happiest moment in your life you can remember? Meeting my premie twin babies on their birthday.
Thanks for playing. Thanks for visiting. Namaste