Success is transient, evanescent. The real passion lies in the poignant acquisition of knowledge about all the shading and subtleties of the creative secrets.
—Constantin Stanislavski (1863–1938) RUSSIAN ACTOR, THEATER PERSONALITY
Wishing you many moments of joyful success in pursuit of your dreams in 2018!
I do not only define success by accomplishment. Often, it’s about what I’ve learned along the way. I’ve learned a lot this year! I did accomplish a few things along the way in 2017. The most notable is right here! Writing right here!
Thank you to each of you who follows along, reads, likes, comments, and/or shares! You’ve helped make my Healing Through Writing quest a success, right here!
Indeed, success does feel transient when it comes to writing accomplishments. The writer’s high I’ve experienced when accomplishing something meaningful (first rejection! article published in paper, finishing a poem, etc) is a great feeling but, it seems to pass quickly. I wish for MORE 😉
I have always set goals, but not usually correlating with the new year. This year it seems relevant to my life so here goes!
A few of my 2018 goals are related to continued exploration of Healing Through Writing. Each of these goals includes the learning curve that goes with them as well.
- more fully discover my writing voice, my strengths and weaknesses
- finish editing Gone with Innocence
- write six more poems for 13 Weeks
- submit two essays for the quarterly journal Recovering the Self – A Journal of Hope and Healing
- complete a memoir writing course and make some headway on my career memoir
- attend a writing conference
- finish first draft of Dreamwork
- explore possibility of 20 year follow up study (thesis)
- attend a poetry festival
Other goals are related to my private psychotherapy practice.
- continue to provide high quality mental health treatment
- chose CEU’s that are interesting – hypnotherapy?
Other goals are health and family related.
- continue yoga practice
- lose a few pounds
- be the best mom, wife, daughter, and aunt I can be!
- vacuum before the dust bunnies suffocate us
- practice mindfulness daily
- ride the turbulence gracefully
I would love to hear about your successes in 2017 and goals for 2018 in the comments!! Are they related to creativity, healing, travel, family, or other life stuff?
*Quotes of Wisdom – a Friday at 9am (Pacific Time Zone) series offering Wisdom, Feel Good, Inspirational and Thought-provoking Quotes. Sometimes with links and most likely, with too many thoughts of my own included. **Photo credit Pixabay
As always, thank you for visiting! Feel free to like, comment, share, follow my journey or re-blog as your heart and mind desire. Namaste